Movable Structure for Growing
The Rolling Thunder™, Rimol's movable greenhouse solution allows you to set up your grow just about anywhere you need. This mobile greenhouse system utilizes a heavy-duty wheel with bearings at each set of hoops attached to a specially designed ground post. The wheel/ground post combination is seated on a rail, which allows the greenhouse to move along the desired growing areas. Rolling Thunder’s design allows for the easy movement of a larger greenhouse with an ordinary tractor, and a smaller greenhouse by just two individuals.
Each Rolling Thunder™ is constructed fairly simply, with the rail laid out flat according to the desired width of the greenhouse. The rail does not have to be pinned or staked, but should be set on solid base of stone dust to prevent sinking into the soil. The first few hoops are the trickiest, and usually require several sets of hands due to the fact that the wheels, ground posts and hoops are all erected simultaneously. However, once a few hoops are completed, the rest of the greenhouse goes up quickly. There is significant bracing in the greenhouse to prevent any movement from the wind, and temporary bracing is used on the end walls of the greenhouse for stability purposes.
The Rimol design allows for flexibility, with various height and width options available. Rimol Greenhouses offers options for all greenhouses including roof vents, roll up sides, doors and heating. A moveable greenhouse from RGS offers the organic grower flexibility for seasonal growing, resulting in resourceful production. The Rolling ThunderTM is an easy way for the organic grower to produce a variety of crops from season to season utilizing the strengths of both crop rotation and crop protection.
Features & Benefits
- All high tunnels are designed for heavy snow and wind loads with extra support for crops
- All greenhouses are pre-drilled, pre-cut, include all hardware and assemble very easily
- Includes complete instructions
- Many different options available for cooling, doors and end wall design
- Crop support systems available
- Quick turnaround on shipping
- Widths from 18' to 30'
- Lengths from 24' to 96'
- Must have metal end wall framing kits
- Extra wind bracing required on lengths greater than 48'. Use one set every 24'
- Extra wind bracing on greenhouses with wheel assemblies 2' or greater. Use one set every 24'
- Use baseboards or double wire lock for along sides of greenhouse at bottom of bows.
- Pre-drilled steel frame
- Hardware & instructions
- Layer of 6 mil, 4-year, UV-treated poly for the roof & end walls
- Wire lock for the roof and end walls
- Pair of roll up side wall kits with double wire lock
- All of the extra hardware, wheels and components are included to roll the greenhouse over two plots (e.g. 48' long greenhouse has 96' of pipe and components)
The double poly option includes a second layer of poly for the roof plus an inflation kit.
The gear box option includes a gear box kit for each roll up side wall kit. This makes it much easier and safer to use on the roll up sides, especially on the high tunnels longer than 48 feet.